CONDITIONAL

IF CONDITIONAL

OBJECTIVE

By the end of the lesson, students should be able to express hypothetical ideas related to actions they could do.


WARM UP


Find to regular past simple verbs in the word search



STOPPEDQZBSX
XGBKLWUGUGTM
XWBUAHSLEWUW
VJGQNVWTZZDC
QOPENEDRPHIL
QKLQEVHIJWEO
SKAXDKKEJRDS
TRYRWJQDHEXE
AZEBHZZHXIKD
YMDHWORRIEDZ
ECJDROPPEDQB
DWCBXDSMILED

Complete the crossword

GRAMMAR



                      If I have extra money, I usually buy a laptop equipment with it.

                         I will buy a new laptop next month if I have some extra money.

                 If I had some extra money, I would buy a new laptop today or tomorrow.

             I would have bought a new laptop last month if I had had some extra money.


Conditional sentences are also known as conditional clauses or if clause. They are used to express that the action in the main clause (without if) can only take place if a certain condition (in the clause with if) is fulfilled. There are three types of conditional sentences.


SITUATION
IF CLAUSE
RESULT CLAUSE
EXAMPLE
1.True / in the present /    future





Simple present
Will +  simple form
If I have enough time. I watch TV every evening.

If I have enough time I will watch TV later on tonight.

It is possible and also very likely that the condition will be fulfilled.
2. Untrue / in the present / future
Simple past
Would + simple form
If I found her address, I would send her an invitation
It is possible but very unlikely, that the condition will be fulfilled.
3. Untrue / in the past
Past perfect
Would have + past participle.
If I had found her address, I would have sent her an invitation
It is impossible that the condition will be fulfilled because it refers to the past.

https://www.ego4u.com/en/cram-up/tests/conditional-sentences-3

ACTIVITIES


WRITING



READING


Pages 12, 13, 

LISTENING


                         


SPEAKING


Students make oral presentations related they will do if they win the lottery


Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

PRESENT PERFECT CONTINUOUS

SIMPLE PRESENT TENSE

ADVERBS OF FREQUENCY